Kaanapali Beach is a three-mile stretch of beach that has been claimed one of the best on Maui and even in America. Hawaiian monarchs who wanted a calm, rejuvenating vacation liked these dunes and rich gardens. This wonderful location is rich in culture, with its history as a training ground for Hawaiian warriors in ancient times to the romantic days of “Old Hawaii” in the 1930s and 1940s, to the present.
In the 1960s, Amfac, Inc. went on to develop Kaanapali Beach Resort. Kaanapali was Hawaii’s first planned resort and has served as a model for resorts all over the world. Numerous hotels and condos have been built since then, both on Kaanapali Beach and for several miles up and down the coast, and Lahaina has become a tourist shopping center.
The open-air Whalers Village, a world-class shopping complex fronting Kaanapali, also contains a range of great shops and restaurants, a renowned whaling museum, and there is also free Hawaiian entertainment.
Where to stay
- Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club – This luxurious hotel is a true tropical paradise. The rooms and suites are exquisite, including a private balcony with slide doors. You and your family can enjoy this beautiful place to stay.
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa – This resort and spa provides an authentic Hawaiian experience in a tropical luxury setting. This resort is welcome for couples, family, friends and even those people who wants to work while relaxing. Truly, you’ll have an authentic Hawaiian experience because of its renovated guest rooms that comes with a breathtaking view.
- The Whaler – It has the best location indeed, since it is located directly on Ka’anapali Beach, just steps from from Whalers Village’s shops and eateries. You’ll experience no hassle since its near shops, you can easily buy some things that you might need or eat at the local restaurants nearby.
- Kā‘anapali Beach Hotel – This hotel is recognized as “Hawaii’s Most Hawaiian Hotel.” It’s the ideal choice for families, couples and explorers, because it’s conveniently located in the middle of the K’anapali resort region, just a few minutes stroll to Whaler’s Village shopping center, and a fast drive to old Lahaina town. You will surely experience the warmth of genuine Hawaiian hospitality.
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa – The newly renovated beachside resort provides visitors with an unrivaled experience centered in nurturing wellness and sharing of Native Hawaiian wisdom. It also offers the guest a first-hand experience to nature. Its just blocks away from the magnificent Pacific Ocean and the famous Kaanapali Beach.
- The Royal Lahaina Resort – It’s located a few minutes’ drive north of Whalers Village. The resort’s natural beauty, Hawaiian ambiance, and world class service provide the best aid in relaxation and serenity. You can enjoy the resorts pools and there is a plus since it’s near the beach so you can go sun bathing at the beachside.
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka’anapali – you can relax at the lagoon-style pool, fresh island cuisine, participate in indigenous Hawaiian cultural activities, and play on the white sandy beach. At sunset, the resort exhibits its iconic cliff dive ceremony, which has been a tradition 1963. The rooms also have breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the islands of Lanai and Molokai.
- Honua Kai Resort & Spa – Honua Kai Resort & Spa is located at the peaceful northern end of Kahekili Beach. It’s similar to a condo-hotel. Luxurious condo unit and it has also hotel-like amenities like spa, concierge and pool side food and beverage service that you can enjoy.
- Maui Eldorado Kaanapali – It is home to the only private beach club in the Ka’anapali Beach Resort region, which is Maui’s most luxurious resort. It has the best accommodations complete with its amenities, surely guest will have the best comfort while staying in this hotel and resort.
- Ho’oilo House – The Ho’oilo House, with only six rooms, is the best place to stay in Kaanapali if you want the total opposite of a large Ka’anapali resort. It is ideal for guests who want to unwind away from the hustle and bustle.
Things to do at Ka’anapali Beach
- Go shopping – this place offers also a good shopping spot, specifically at Whaler’s Village Shopping Center. It is one of the most fun things in Kaanapali Beach. Visitors may shop everything from surf gear to high-end apparel, and get the chance to see the well-known ABC convenience store.
- Have a walk – The paved path along Kaanapali Beach is approximately 1.5 miles long and runs from the Sheraton to the Hyatt. It a great chance to stroll and exercise your legs while enjoying the view of the clear waters of the ocean. It’s a way to relax and calm your mind.
- Paddle boarding – Visit Kaanapali Beach for calm waters and small waves. It’s fantastic fun for people of all ages. Paddle boarding is a great activity for you and your friends especially if you’re into water activities. You must give it a shot.
- Snorkeling – Another water activity that you can experience is snorkeling. Enjoy snorkeling at Black Rock’s base is one of the best places to see schools of fish and other water animals. Best time to go is early in the morning so that you can avoid crowd.
- See the Penguins – If you enjoy watching penguins walk, you should go and see them personally. Its in the Hyatt Regency penguin viewing area.
- Parasailing – Book a parasail excursion along Kaanapali Beach if you’re into another level of adventure, explore Maui from 1,200 feet above the water. This activity is great for those who are not afraid of heights.
Wrapping it up
Those that were mentioned above is just a glimpse of the many activities that you can do at Ka’anapali Beach. Tourists will have a taste of adventure and fun with the numerous activities that this location has to offer.
It’s a perfect place for those who wants to unwind and relax from the busy city. With the finest hotels and resorts that it can offer, and the perfect amenities that you need, surely, you’ll have your best choice here.