Everyone who takes a Hawaiian vacation wants to take home the best memories. These memories are best shared with your friends and families if you take decent shots of them. Aside from taking a photo of yourself while you’re on vacation in Hawaii, it is also best if you take a picture of the beautiful sites, nature, and landscape that Hawaii has to offer. We are not saying that you should be a professional photographer, but it might help if you know some ideas to take good vacation pictures while you’re in Hawaii. That is why in this article, we are going to give you some tips on how to take good pictures in Hawaii.
- Get your timing right – If you want to take the best photos in Hawaii, it is essential to get your timing right. Most photographers prefer to take pictures in the early morning or late afternoon, just when the sun is positioned lower, and the background has a more subtle appearance. Most people call this time of the day the magic hour. When you are choosing your tours or making plans for your trip, try to remember this photography rule.
- Make use of the frame – It can be pretty tricky trying to take a photo of a beautiful waterfall or a large view because you might find it hard to visualize your subject. In order to take a landscape photo, try to imagine the image in thirds. This means that you should divide your frame into three, then you have to put the areas of interest in your real-life landscape where these lines crossover.
- Take note of the depth of field – If you want to achieve a photo of two beautiful things in the background and one is in the foreground, you want to use the photography rule called depth of field. This means that the object in the foreground is sharper while the astounding sunset or unique landscape is in the background. You can do this by using a smaller aperture or adjusting the setting of your camera.
- Use slow exposure – If you’re a seasoned photographer, then you may already use slow exposures in your photos before. But if you’re new, this procedure helps you create smoother and dreamier seascapes. This is the perfect photography trick to use while in Hawaii because of the beautiful water and landscapes. But, in order to do a slow exposure trick, you will need a tripod because it can take a little bit longer compared to an average photo, and any movement of the camera will affect the result.
- Take advantage of the flash – If you want to capture the perfect portrait during sunset, you can use your camera flash to fill light and balance the strong backlight that is coming from the sun. After turning your flash on, step back for about five feet from your subject, then zoom and let your flash help make a perfect portrait.
- Make a palm-tree silhouette – What is a vacation in Hawaii without a picture of the fantastic palm trees, right? Let those palm trees help you to achieve the perfect tropical island vibes by framing the palm leaves against the bright sky, make sure that the sun is positioned directly behind the leaves to achieve maximum effect. Let the dark lines of the palm trees create a contrast against the bright sky.
- Choose your perspectives – There are several ways to look at something, and when it comes to taking breathtaking holiday photos, you just need to take them from three to five interesting perspectives. When you get home, all you have to do is choose your most favorite photo.
- Do not forget to back up your image files as you go – This is one of the most essential things you should remember. Create a copy of your photos every day and keep it in your flash drive or cloud drive. This way, you would not have to worry about deleted or lost photos ever again.