Hawaii is undoubtedly a popular destination for tourists and filmmakers alike. Because of its stunning natural scenery and its proximity to the mainland United States, Hawaii has been shown in numerous films and TV shows over the years.
Some of the notable movies and TV shows that have been set in this beautiful state include “Pearl Harbor,” 50 First Dates,” and “The Descendants.” These movies are known for their stunning visuals and interesting storylines.
If you’re looking for a place to visit that has been featured in some of your favorite movies and TV shows, Hawaii is the perfect destination. You can explore the same locations that have been used as filming locations for some of Hollywood’s biggest productions. This blog post will look into some of the most famous films and TV shows that have called Hawaii home.
TV Shows Set in Hawaii
There are several TV shows set in Hawaii. These shows are known for their beautiful scenery and interesting plotlines. Here are some of the notable TV shows set in the Aloha State:
- Hawaii Five-0: From the name itself, you can tell that this show is set in Hawaii. This police procedural drama follows an elite task force that is tasked with solving crimes in the state of Hawaii. This show is known for its action-packed episodes and stunning scenery.
- Magnum P.I.: Another police procedural drama set in Hawaii, this show follows Thomas Magnum, a private investigator who works and lives in the state. This show is known for its humor and light-hearted tone.
- Baywatch: This show is set on the beaches of Hawaii and follows the lives of a group of lifeguards as they work to keep the beaches safe. This show is known for its action-packed episodes and sexy cast.
- Lilo & Stitch: The Series: This show is set on the island of Kauai and follows the adventures of a young girl, Lilo, and her alien friend, Stitch. This show is known for its charming characters and beautiful scenery.
- NCIS: Hawai’i: NCIS is a popular police procedural drama that has been running for many years. The show has had several spin-offs, one of which is set in Hawaii. This show follows a team of NCIS agents as they work to solve crimes in the state of Hawaii.
These are only some of the notable TV shows set on the island of Hawaii. There are many more that have been filmed on the island over the years.
Movies Set in Hawaii
Just like in TV shows, Hawaii has been a favorite location for filmmakers to shoot their movies. Here are some of the most famous films that have been set in Hawaii:
- Pearl Harbor: Pearl Harbor is a historically and culturally significant movie that was set in Hawaii. The film tells the story of the attack on Pearl Harbor from the perspective of those who were there.
- The Descendants: This movie is set in Hawaii and follows the story of a man who is trying to reconnect with his daughters after his wife is injured in a boating accident.
- 50 First Dates: This romantic comedy is set in Hawaii and follows the story of a man who gets attracted and falls in love with a woman who has short-term memory loss. The film starred Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.
- Godzilla: This film is set in Hawaii and follows the story of a giant monster that attacks the island.
- Everything, Everything: This young adult romance is set in Hawaii and follows the story of a girl who’s allergic to the outside world. She falls in love with her next-door neighbor, who helps her to see the world in a new light.
- Aloha, Scooby-Doo!: This animated film is set in Hawaii and follows the mystery-solving gang as they try to solve a mystery on the island.
- Lilo & Stitch: This Disney animated film is set on the island of Kauai and follows the story of a girl named Lilo, along with her alien friend, Stitch. The two of them go on adventures and learn to care for each other.
- Snakes on a Plane: This film is set on a plane that is headed to Hawaii. The passengers have to deal with snakes that are loose on the plane.
- Just Go With It: This film is another Adam Sandler movie that is set in Hawaii. The story follows a man who pretends to be married in order to get a woman to date him.
These are only among the many films that have been set in Hawaii over the years. The state has a long and rich history of being a popular filming location for both TV shows and movies.
Why Is Hawaii a Popular Destination for Filmmakers?
Hawaii is a popular destination for filmmakers because it offers a unique and beautiful setting that can’t be found anywhere else. The island has a rich history and culture that can be seen in its architecture and landscape. The Aloha culture makes Hawaii an ideal filming location for certain types of movies.
Hawaii is also a well-known tourist destination, so filmmakers know that they can count on there being a large audience for their films.
Additionally, the state offers a variety of different locations to film, from urban areas to beaches to mountains. This variety ensures that filmmakers can find the perfect setting for their projects.
The blog post discusses the popularity of Hawaii as a filming location for movies and TV shows. It highlights some of the most notable examples of each and explains why Hawaii is a popular destination for filmmakers.
Overall, the post provides a good overview of the topic. It is interesting to see the variety of movies and TV shows that have been set in Hawaii over the years. The state’s unique landscape and culture offer filmmakers plenty of possibilities for creating interesting stories.